The London games are in full swing and, if your family is like mine, all eyes are glued to the television. The patriotic spirit is always high in our mixed-nation household during international events. Here is a round up of some fun ideas to get into the Olympic spirit, and I have a growing Sporty Creativity board on Pinterest with these ideas and more.
Clockwise from the upper left:
- Gold Medal Cookies - Sweet Sugar Belle shows you how to make a gold medal cookie from start to sweet finish. If you are making these at home, you can put your own spin on things and include silver and bronze, or customise the ribbons in the purple link the London 2012 Olympics.
- DIY Olympic Craft and Recipe Round Up - Creativity Unmasked has already shared a great big list of fabulous Olympic craft, DIY, how-to and recipes links for your to try, including the gold medal shortbread cookies pictured from BBC Food.
- Free Games Inspired Printables - Tinyme has offered up a great set of super cute printable downloads, including bingo, board games, playing cards, flag activities and medals. Normally, to access their freebies, you would have to sign up to Club Tiny; however, Tinyme has been kind enough to gift them to Creativity Unmasked readers.
- Free Olympic Party Printables - Mirabelle Creations shares a set of free Olympic games party printables and tips for creating your own winning party.
- DIY Olympic Medals - I am smitten with this gold how-to from aphamom. The medals look fabulous and yet simple enough that the kiddies could help make them.
- 20 Sweet Treats for an Olympic Party - Miss Candiquik shares super cute recipes for Olympic torch cakepops, Olympic medal cookies, patriotic flag cookies, and a number of super cute sporty sweets and then provides a link to her super sweet Olympic recipe round up.