|Send a message in a bottle with this beautiful step-by-step tutorial from oh, hello friend.|
Hello, lovely readers! Here are some great creative ideas, discoveries, links and likes to inspire your creativity this weekend. If you decide to make something fabulous, create a treasury, or post something special to your blog, Facebook, or website this weekend, please feel free to share in the comments or post it at Creativity Unmasked on Facebook. Looking for creative more ideas? I have a whole board full of of tutorials and DIY on Pinterest. Have a fabulous creative weekend!
- Embellish. Make your own customised stamp with this easy foam stamp DIY from Lines Across, pick up your needle and thread and customise a tote bag link with a how-to from Poppytalk, or grab a sharpie or paint pen and make yourself a one-of-a-kind paperweight inspired by Sweet Paul.
- Freshen. Make some sweet lavender sachets with a how-to from Purl Bee (via Pinterest)
- Recycle. Martha Stewart has some great ideas for recycled crafts (including some simpler ideas of eco-kids crafting) and Country Living has a slide show of recycled craft ideas. I am looking forward to trying this cool sweater upcycle into wine bottle bags from DIY Craft projects (via Pinterest)
- Invest. Take some time this weekend to invest in your own creative dreams. Are you an Etsy Seller? If so, how about setting up your new Etsy "About" page? Trying to figure out your personal approach to being creative on-line? Here are some ideas on building your on-line presence.
- Communicate. Leave a love note for someone special as a message in a bottle from oh, hello friend or pin it to the fridge using handmade kissing clothes pin magnets from The House that Lars Built.
- Play. Make your favourite furball a treat: try baking some homemade dog biscuits, making a comfy pet pillow how-to from BHG, one of the pet craft DIYs shared at Everything Etsy, or something from the Martha Stewart pet DIYs. Don't have a pet? Download these free printable folding cats from Toxic Paper Factory (found via How About Orange) and make your own pet! :)
PS: Have you entered the Creativity Unmasked July Giveaway? See the details and enter here. Entry closes 31 Jul 12 so there are only a few more days to get in for your chance to win! Good luck!