- Crochet a koala. (Craft Passion)
- Make a map puzzle of Australia with the kiddies. (Kid Spot)
- Whip up a pavlova. Here is my pavlova recipe, and it is a-ok to cheat a little a buy your meringue if you are pressed for time or just don't feel like turning on the oven. :)
- Prefer something chocolate? How about a batch of classic lamingtons? (BHG)
- Make a koala mask - no sewing required! (Prudent Baby)
- Turn your beach memories into cute critters, like these seashell koalas. (Martha Stewart)
Looking for creative more ideas? I have a whole board full of of tutorials and DIY on Pinterest. If you decide to make something fabulous, create a treasury (check out my special Australia Day collection Down Under!), or post something special to your blog, Facebook, or website this weekend, you are welcome to share in the comments or post it at Creativity Unmasked on Facebook. If you are sharing your own post/site in the blog comments, you are welcome to include a live link for extra site traffic using the format <a href="http://www.yourlink.com">text you want shown for your link</a>
PS: While you are cruising around online, drop by the Moags and Smeet blog to enter the current giveaway, and if you feel like a treat, use coupon code AUSDAY to save 15% off storewide at Moags and Smeet on Etsy (including sale listings) now through to Monday.